Leave a comment
June 15, 2018 by lucieromarin
- You have the bronchitis that will not die;
- But you have to get up at 5am tomorrow to travel for work;
- To a place that’s very cold;
- And you have a routine home inspection the day after you return;
- But you opened the back door this morning and an ant infestation fell out of the door jamb in a heaving mass;
- And then you got on the bus and saw a large spider crawling into another commuter’s hair (yes, I rescued her);
- And you are home now and still haven’t packed or said your prayers or washed your hair;
- Because your bronchitis will not die, so you’re pretty tired;
- But you have to get up at 5am tomorrow;
- and you just sprayed another batch of ants near your laptop,
- and then saw that the bottle said ‘outdoor pest control;’
- and your neighbours just cranked up the volume.
Gah! Excuse me while I go and make a lung-clearing tea and wonder if this is The Selfish Single Life. Real thoughts will be posted upon my return at the end of next week.